domingo, agosto 21, 2005

Fash Gordon

I have manage to "borrow" my moms Flash Gordon Comic books that she has been keeping for so long. I love them, I could be hours looking at the illustrations.
...........................................................................................................
Este fin de semana le he pidido "prestados" (^_^) a mi madre sus comics de Flash Gordon que ha guardado durante estos años. Las ilustraciones son una maravilla, creo que esta noche me acostare tarde :D



This is an illustration I made for my dad, he is magician, and loves antiques posters, but it didn´t came up as I wanted. I wanted the poster to look antique, and it came up like.. used :D
...........................................................................................................
Esta es una ilustracion que hice para mi padre, pretendía que pareciese un poster antigüo, pero ha quedado mas bien... como usado :D



11 comentarios:

Lupo dijo...

Pero si parece Imanol Arias en Cuentame!! :D
Presta atención a los guiones, denotan un cierto tufillo a rollo ario...

Unknown dijo...

I think you did a great job Monica on this illustartion for your Dad! the textures are great. I think, if you allow me, the only thing would have been to have some effect in the light and shadows on his face and hands as well, this could look a bit too modern compare to the rest of the poster.
Great work anyway, and thanks for the comment about my Pin-up!

Mónica Calvo dijo...

Yes, I think the problem is in the whole illustration, it is too modern... I´ll try to make some other with other technique to see what happens :)

Anónimo dijo...

hola monica!
te dejo un ilustrador bueníssimo por si aún no le conoces... www.arthurdepins.com, es genial y te recomiendo las animaciones y en particular la que se llama "l'eau de rose". Que bueno es!!

Unknown dijo...

Ah yes, I'm agree with the person above me, I don't speak spanish, but I'm French and I know arthur de pins, is a great illustrator and animator! la revolution des crab is amazing! also on my blog, you have a lonk to Gus Bofa, amazing French Artist from the 1920's, and coconino as well, again on my blog in sites I like, a lot of old fashion illustrations...check it out! but again, your illustration is great monica!
Bonne soiree!

CosasEnEstereo dijo...

flash gordon se vee gracioso tiene un feeling asi como lichtenstein... acaso sera de la misma epoca???
la ilustracion para tu papa esta hermosisima... bien vintage :D

Xavier dijo...

estoy de acuerdo que es Imanol arias en cuentame

jajajaja

es clavaoooo

Mónica Calvo dijo...

Si que se parece si :D Mi padre es mas guapo claro :D

Mónica Calvo dijo...

I checked a few days ago Stef´s links and found him, i was for about 10 minutes just looking at the animation of the home page, is so pretty!! :D

Erredé dijo...

Los comics de Flash gordon ilustrados por Alex Raymond tienen una belleza que te quita el hipo, muy del estilo del Príncipe Valiente de Harold Foster.
El pais publicará proximamente algún comic de Flash Gordon, el día 1 de septiembre, puede que te interese.

Matthew Cruickshank dijo...

This is a great piece, I like it because it's beautifully executed and it's personal to you.